FutureRestore issues Help
For support in English, ask for help on the r/Jailbreak Discord Server.
- This page is intended to provide solutions for errors encountered with FutureRestore. If none work, please join the r/Jailbreak Discord Server and ask in #futurerestorehelp
iBEC error (error code -8)
This is a common error which you may run into while using FutureRestore, especially if you are using a Windows machine. To fix this:
- Uninstall all Apple devices in Device Manager
- Make sure to check "Uninstall Driver" when uninstalling
- Uninstall all Apple products including iTunes and Apple Device Support programs in the Control Panel
- Unplug and replug your device
- Check device manager for any Apple devices and uninstall them and any drivers
- Disconnect your device
- Install the iTunes
.exefile from apple.com itself
- Boot your device into Recovery Mode and plug it into your computer
- Uninstall the iBoot (Recovery) driver and software from Device Manager
- Run FutureRestore again
- Unplug and replug your device.
- Run FutureRestore again. This issue should now be resolved.
Device ApNonce doesn't match APTicket nonce
This error means that you have not set your generator on your device to that of the blob. In order to solve this problem, follow the
Setting nonce part of the FutureRestore page
SEP Firmware is not being signed
This problem occurs when the user tries to manually specify SEP from the target version, instead of from the latest available version. To fix this problem, either choose the
latest-sep argument or manually specify a SEP from the latest available iOS version
Could not connect to device in recovery mode / Failed to place device in recovery mode
NOTE: if the error is similarly named, follow these steps too.
- If your device is in recovery mode, run FutureRestore again while your device is in recovery mode.
- If your device is not in recovery mode, enter recovery mode manually, then run FutureRestore again.
Error: Unable to receive message from FDR...
The fix for this is either waiting (it can take a very long time) or just re-trying the process. This is an error that has been diagnosed but no fix for it is available as of the time of writing this.