Odysseyra1n is a semi-tethered jailbreak, meaning it requires a PC to re-apply the exploit after a reboot. Click the link to learn more.
Odysseyn1x is a live bootable Linux environment that allows you to quickly run checkra1n on a compatible device. checkra1n is capable of jailbreaking millions of iOS device on firmwares 12.0 and above.
On iOS 14.0 to 14.4.2, Odysseyn1x is only fully supported on A8(X) to A10(X) devices for the moment. Full A11 support may be added at future date.
After installing checkra1n, we’ll be using a script to install Odysseyra1n. This replaces important parts of the jailbreak with modern and fast alternatives.
- 512MB or greater USB Drive
- The latest version of Odysseyn1x
- For 64-bit computers, download the “AMD64” version
- For 32-bit computers, download the “i686” version
If you’re migrating from unc0ver to to checkra1n, you must follow Removing unc0ver before proceeding.
- Download and install balenaEtcher
Flash from file
- Select the odysseyn1x
- Select the USB drive you would like to boot from
- This USB drive will be completely erased
- Ensure you back up all important data beforehand
- Do not remove your USB Drive until the process has completed
- Once the flashing has completed, reboot your computer
- Go into your BIOS settings and disable Secure Boot, then enter the boot picker and select your USB Drive to boot from
- This is different for every computer
- Search your PC or motherboard brand to find out how to get to your BIOS settings if you are unsure
- Once you have loaded odysseyn1x, select
Startand follow all onscreen prompts
- You may need to enable
enable untested versionsif you are on iOS 14.4 to 14.4.2 before being able to follow this step
- You may need to enable
- You will now be presented with instructions in how to reboot your device into DFU mode, click
- Follow the instructions until your device reboots to a black screen
- Once your device boots, you can quit checkra1n, but do not shut down your computer
The Odysseyra1n script
The following steps only need to be performed once and are optional but highly recommended for a smoother experience and modern bootstrap.
- Unlock your device
- Ensure that your computer is trusted by your device
- Sileo should install to your device
- Do not close Odysseyn1x as you will need to re-jailbreak in a few minutes
After installing Odysseyra1n, do not install Cydia from the Loader app.
You should now be jailbroken with Sileo installed on your home screen. You can use Sileo to install tweaks, themes, packages and more.
Before you can start installing anything else, you first need to install a few necessary programs.
- Open the newly installed Sileo application
- Go to the “Packages” tab
- Select the filter button next to “Name”, then select “Developer”
- Tap “Upgrade All” if there are any updates
- Do not install yet
- Go to the “Search” tab
- Search for the “libhooker” package
- Tap the “Get” button
- Tap on the “Queued” bar at the bottom of your screen
- Tap “Confirm”
- Reboot your device and re-jailbreak with checkra1n
Continue to Using Sileo
If you’ve used Sileo before, continue to Blocking Jailbreak Detection