Only the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Mini 1G, and iPod Touch 5G on iOS 5 - iOS 10 are supported
Coolbooter allows you to dualboot any supported version of iOS on a select few of iOS device. Coolbooter is permanent, but can be removed through the Coolbooter app on the main OS.
This guide will require that you are already jailbroken on a supported OS listed above.
- Add the repo:
- Download and install Coolbooter
- Choose any version of iOS you’d like
- You can choose how much storage the new partition is allocated by tapping
- Once your Coolbooter configuration is to your liking, tap
- Follow all onscreen prompts
- We recommend you choose to jailbreak the new OS as Coolbooter-installed versions of iOS cannot be jailbroken except by Coolbooter itself
- After the Coolbooter has completed, reboot your device
- You will need to jailbreak again if you are using a semi-untethered jailbreak
- Open Coolbooter
- When prompted to lock your device, lock it
If this doesn’t work, ask on the r/Jailbreak Discord Server for support.
To reboot back into your main version of iOS, reboot.