For support in English, ask for help on the r/Jailbreak Discord Server.
ChimeraTV is a semi-untethered jailbreak, meaning it requires an app to re-apply the exploit after a reboot.
ChimeraTV is capable of jailbreaking all devices on tvOS 12.0 to 12.2 and 12.4.
Due to how semi-untethered jailbreaks work, the app will need to be re-signed once every 7 days.
We will use Sideloadly to install the ChimeraTV jailbreak application to your Apple TV for use in the next step.
- The latest release of ChimeraTV
- The latest version of Sideloadly
- The latest version of iTunes if on Windows
Installing the application
As the Apple TV 4K does not have a USB-C port, you will need to instead navigate to Settings > Remote Apps & Devices > Remote Devices on your Apple TV, rather than plugging it in.
- Open Sideloadly
- Plug your Apple TV into your computer
- Make sure your computer is trusted and allowed to view the contents of your device
- Drag and drop the ChimeraTV
.ipafile into Sideloadly
- Enter in your Apple ID
- Enter in your password
- Sideloadly must make a request to its servers in order to work with free developer accounts. If you are not OK with this, you may use an alternate Apple ID.
The app will now install to your Apple TV. Once that's done, the ChimeraTV application can now be opened from home screen.
- Open the ChimeraTV application from your home screen
- Click "Jailbreak"
- Reboot your Apple TV again when prompted
- If you are not prompted and it automatically reboots, wait 1-2 minutes, then try again.
- This time, it is necessary
- Once again, open the ChimeraTV application from your home screen immediately after rebooting
- Click "Jailbreak" again
- If it automatically reboots or crashes and the jailbreak is not installed, wait 1-2 minutes, then try again.
You should now be jailbroken with nito.tv installed on your home screen. You can use nito.tv to install tweaks, themes and more.