For support in English, ask for help on the r/Jailbreak Discord Server.
Taurine is a semi-untethered jailbreak, meaning it requires a app to re-apply the exploit after a reboot.
The tool is compatible with jailbreaking devices on iOS/iPadOS versions from 14.0 to 14.3.
Due to how semi-untethered jailbreaks work, the app will need to be re-signed once every 7 days.
We will use Sideloadly to install the Taurine jailbreak application to your iOS device for use in the next step.
If you are already jailbroken with another jailbreak (besides Odysseyra1n), make sure to properly remove it before proceeding.
Taurine is currently signed at jailbreaks.app for easy installation without a computer.
- The latest version of TaurineOpen in new window
- The latest version of SideloadlyOpen in new window
- The latest version of iTunesOpen in new window if on Windows
Installing the application
- Open Sideloadly
- Plug your iOS device into your computer
- Make sure your computer is trusted and allowed to view the contents of your device
- Drag and drop the Taurine
.ipafile into Sideloadly
- Enter in your Apple ID
- Enter in your password
- Sideloadly must make a request to it's servers in order to work with free developer accounts. If you are not OK with this, you may use an alternate Apple ID.
The app will now install to your iOS device.
Trusting the application
- Go to
<Your Apple ID>
- Depending on your usage,
Device Managementmay be labeled
Profiles and Device Management
- Depending on your usage,
Trust "<Your Apple ID>"
The Taurine application can now be opened from home screen.
- Reboot your phone
- This is not necessary but recommended
- Open the Taurine application from your home screen immediately afterwards
- If you have unc0ver installed, enable "Restore RootFS" before proceeding to remove unc0ver
- Tap "Jailbreak"
If you restored rootFS, go back to step 1 and repeat this section.
If the app or your device crashes/restarts unexpectedly and the jailbreak isn't installed, simply try rebooting and running the exploit again until it does work.
If you receive the error
ERR_TFP0 read the Taurine/Odyssey section on the Troubleshooting page.
You should now be jailbroken with Sileo installed on your home screen. You can use Sileo to install tweaks, themes and more.
Installing necessary software
- Open the Sileo application
- Tap on the "Search" tab
- Search for "libhooker"
- Tap "Install"
- This will begin a queue - do not install the queue until we've selected all our programs to install
- Search for "PreferenceLoader" and "RocketBootstrap" and add them to the queue by pressing "Install"
- Tap the "Queued" bar at the bottom of the page
- Tap "Confirm"
- Once finished, tap 'Restart SpringBoard'