For support in English, ask for help on the r/Jailbreak Discord Server.
Pangu933 is capable of jailbreaking every 64bit iOS device on firmware version 9.2 up to 9.3.3.
Note that the Pangu933 jailbreak is not “persistent” (meaning it does not remain installed after a reboot). You will need to re-run the exploit after every reboot, which luckily does not require the application to be installed. You will be instructed on how to do this.
We will use the Sideloadly tool to install the Pangu933 jailbreak application to your iOS device for use in the next step.
- The latest version of Pangu933 (archive.org)
- The latest version of Sideloadly
- The latest version of iTunes if on Windows
Installing the application
- Open Sideloadly
- Plug your iOS device into your computer
- Make sure your computer is trusted and allowed to view the contents of your device
- Drag and drop the Pangu9
.ipafile into Sideloadly
- Enter in your Apple ID
- Enter in your password
- Sideloadly must make a request to its servers in order to work with free developer accounts. If you are not OK with this, you may use an alternate Apple ID.
The app will now install to your iOS device.
Trusting the application
- Go to
<Your Apple ID>
- Depending on your usage,
Device Managementmay be labeled
Profiles and Device Management
- Depending on your usage,
Trust "<Your Apple ID>"
The Pangu application can now be opened from home screen.
- Open the Pangu933 application from your home screen
- Allow notifications if prompted
- Tap "Start"
- Lock the device
- You should get a notification telling you that the jailbreak has succeeded
On the first installation, the jailbreak may take some time to complete. This is normal.
If your device crashes or restarts unexpectedly and the jailbreak isn't installed, simply try running the exploit again until it does work.
As Pangu933 is a semi-untethered jailbreak, you won't remain jailbroken if your device reboots or powers off for any reason. Luckily, rather than needing to keep the Pangu933 app sideloaded, you can simply follow the below steps to rejailbreak your device.
This does not install the jailbreak in the first place - you'll need to sideload the Pangu933 app and jailbreak normally first before being able to follow this section.
- Open Safari on your iOS device
- Go to the jbme.ddw.nu website
- Make sure your device is in portrait rotation (you'll get a notice to tilt the device if it isn't)
- Tap "go"
Your device should now be in a jailbroken state again.
If your device crashes or restarts unexpectedly and you don't enter a jailbroken state, simply try running the exploit again until it does work.
You should now be jailbroken with Cydia installed on your home screen. You can use Cydia to install tweaks, themes and more.
If you wish to use a more modern package manager, continue to Installing Zebra