Using Odysseyn1x (A9X)
For support in English, ask for help on the r/Jailbreak Discord Server.
If you are using a computer with an AMD Ryzen CPU, you will likely run into issues. If you do run into issues, you should use a Mac or a computer with an Intel CPU to follow this guide.
Odysseyra1n is a semi-tethered jailbreak, meaning it requires a PC to re-apply the exploit after a reboot. Click the link to learn more.
Odysseyn1x is a live bootable Linux environment that allows you to quickly run checkra1n on a compatible device. checkra1n is capable of jailbreaking millions of iOS devices with A7 to A11 SoC's on firmwares 12.0 to 14.8.1.
After installing checkra1n, we'll be using a script to install Odysseyra1n. This replaces important parts of the jailbreak with modern and fast alternatives.
If you are using an A9X device running iOS 14.4.2 or earlier, you should follow Using Odysseyn1x and use checkra1n version 0.12.2 instead.
On A9X devices, it is not possible to use Odysseyn1x 2.14 (required for 14.5+ support) without the use of a custom pongoOS and checkra1n in CLI mode. It is possible to use a custom version of Odysseyn1x, however, to work around this.
- 256MB or greater USB Drive
- The latest version of Odysseyn1x for A9XOpen in new window
- For 64-bit computers, download the "AMD64" version
- For 32-bit computers, download the "i686" version
- balenaEtcherOpen in new window
- Download and install balenaEtcher
Flash from file
- Select the odysseyn1x
- Select the USB drive you would like to boot from
- This USB drive will be completely erased
- Ensure you back up all important data beforehand
- Do not remove your USB Drive until the process has completed
- Once the flashing has completed, reboot your computer
- Go into your BIOS settings and disable Secure Boot, then enter the boot picker and select your USB Drive to boot from
- This is different for every computer
- Search your PC or motherboard brand to find out how to get to your BIOS settings if you are unsure
- Once you have loaded odysseyn1x, select
- You will now be presented with instructions in how to reboot your device into DFU mode, click
- Follow the instructions until your device reboots to a black screen
- Once your device boots, you can quit checkra1n, but do not shut down your computer
The Odysseyra1n script
The following steps only need to be performed once and are optional but highly recommended for a smoother experience and modern bootstrap.
- Unlock your device
- Ensure that your computer is trusted by your device
- Sileo should install to your device
- Do not close Odysseyn1x as you will need to re-jailbreak in a few minutes
After installing Odysseyra1n, do not install Cydia from the Loader app.
You should now be jailbroken with Sileo installed on your home screen. You can use Sileo to install tweaks, themes, packages and more.
Before you can start installing anything else, you first need to install a few necessary programs.
- Open the newly installed Sileo application
- Go to the "Packages" tab
- Tap "Upgrade All" if there are any updates
- Do not install yet
- Go to the "Search" tab
- Search for the "libhooker" package
- Tap the "Get" button
- Tap on the "Queued" bar at the bottom of your screen
- Tap "Confirm"
- Once finished, tap 'Restart SpringBoard'