Updating to 14.7.1 (Blobless)
For support in English, ask for help on the r/Jailbreak Discord Server.
While iOS firmware version 14.7.1 is unsigned, it's still possible to update to it from a lower firmware version and use Odysseyra1n. However, this method will expire on December 11th, 2021.
Odysseyra1n only fully supports A8(X), A9, A10(X), and A11 devices on iOS 14.7.1.
A11 devices do not allow you to use SEP functionality in a jailbroken state with Odysseyra1n on iOS 14.7.1. SEP functionality are things such as a passcode, Face ID/Touch ID, and Apple Pay.
You need a pre-existing jailbreak installed to use this method.
- Plug your iDevice into your computer and make a backup through iTunes or Finder
- Launch your current jailbreak
- Open your preferred package manager and add the following repo:
- Search and install the
- There are multiple version; pick the one corresponding to your current iOS version
- Your device should now be in supervision mode
- If it's not, go into MyBloXX settings and enable it manually by tapping "Enable Supervision Spoofing"
- Once you're back into iOS, navigate to this webpage and click this link to install the update profileOpen in new window
- After installing the profile, 14.7.1 should show up in the Settings app as an update
- Restart your device
- Open your current jailbreak and enable restoring rootFS
- This will remove all tweaks and other jailbreak related data
- Tap the button to jailbreak your device
Updating to 14.7.1
- Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi
- Open the Settings application
- Ensure that the version you are updating to is 14.7.1
- Download and install the update
- Once updated, remove the 14.7.1 update certificate through Settings
If you're having issues with updating, install OTAEnablerOpen in new window and reboot. If you're still having issues continue reading below. If it worked and you're on a compatible device, move on to installing Odysseyra1n.
"iOS is up to date"
- Remove any beta profiles installed
- Install the OTADisabler tweak and then uninstall it
- Restart your device
- You can also use ldrestart or a userspace reboot
"Unable to check for updates"
- Restore rootFS through your jailbreak
- Install and open the unc0ver application
- Turn off "Disable updates"
- Re-jailbreak using unc0ver
It just freezes
Re-enable the OTA daemon using the iCleaner tweak
Credits to dhinakgOpen in new window for discovering this method.